October 23, 1985

Opinion concerning two questions. Can a city council by ordinance expand the terms of Office of the mayor and council members to four years at any time after the initial form of government has been selected? Is a city council empowered to pay severance pay to a city manager who has resigned from city employment?

Requested by: The Honorable John Drummond, Senator, District No. 10

Read full opinion

Schedule a Tour or Visit

Welcome to the on-line office for Attorney General Alan Wilson. Please visit the Contact Us page to stay in touch.

image description
Columbia, SC

Rembert Dennis Building | 1000 Assembly Street,

Room 519 | Columbia, S.C. 29201

Phone: 1-803-734-3970 | Fax: (803) 253-6283

Back to top