About the Office

Contact Us

General Contact Information

Mailing Address
The Honorable Alan Wilson
P.O. Box 11549
Columbia, S.C. 29211

Office Location
Rembert Dennis Building
1000 Assembly Street, Room 519
Columbia, S.C. 29201


Map and Directions

Other Agency Contacts

While we strive to support the State of South Carolina, the Attorney General does not have jurisdiction over many areas of the law, including family court matters, probate matters, private disputes or private litigation. Please be aware that our office, by law, can only provide legal advice and opinions to public officials. Below are other agency contacts for common issues.

Consumer Affairs

To file a consumer complaint, please call (803) 734-4200 or (800) 922-1594 or visit the Consumer Affairs website. Their agency serves as the state's consumer protection agency by providing mediation services for consumers and businesses. They also address scams, identity theft, and business complaints.

Legal Issues & Representation

If you have legal questions about a problem you may be experiencing, and you do not have an attorney, the S.C. Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service can refer you to a lawyer in your area. The fee is $50 for a 30-minute consultation. For more information, including legal aid guidelines, contact the Bar at 1-800-868-2284 or (803) 799-7100 or visit their website.

Legislation Information or Access to the Code of Laws

For information about the General Assembly, legislation, or to access the Code of Laws online, contact the visit the SC State House website.

Judges or Attorneys Complaint

To make a complaint about judges or attorneys, please contact the SC Judicial Department at [email protected] or visit the SC Judicial Branch website.

Child Support Cases, Filing a Claim or Other Family Court Issues

For questions about child support cases, filing a claim for child support, paternity, or other family court issues, please visit the SC Department of Social Services to submit a contact form.

Frequently Asked Questions

Visit our FAQs for more information about our office including:

  • What does the Attorney General's Office do?
  • Time Share Questions
  • Filing Consumer Complaints and more

Submit a Question or Comment

Constituent Services serves as the point of contact for the Attorney General to assist citizens with a wide array of matters that include responding to e-mails, phone calls, correspondence, and other matters. Please submit your question or comment below for our Constituent Services to address.

Fill out my online form.