Investment Adviser Firm
Applications for registration as an investment adviser shall be filed on Form ADV with the Investment Adviser Registration Depository (IARD), along with a $210 filing fee. For initial registration, the investment adviser must provide the following documents to the Division at the address indicated below, or via email to email@example.com.
- A copy of the advisory contract forms to be used for South Carolina clients.
- An unaudited balance sheet and income statement for the firm dated within 45 days of the submission, attested to by executing and filing the Verification Form
- Surety Bond, if required. The original bond form must be provided to the Division.
- A list of investment adviser representatives doing business in South Carolina and their CRD number.
Additional information about common deficiencies in registration documents filed with our office can be found in Avoiding Common Deficiencies in Filings
Investment Adviser Representatives
Each applicant for registration as an investment adviser representative (IAR) in South Carolina shall complete the Form U-4 in accordance with the form instructions and file with the CRD. The registration fee for an IAR is $55. If the applicant is not currently registered as a broker-dealer agent, a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division criminal records history must be obtained.
- CRD/IARD Filing Requirements
- IA Minimum Capital and Bonding
- IAR Examination Requirements
- Criminal Records History
- Record Keeping Requirements
- Sole Proprietors
- Registration With Multiple Investment Advisers
- Senior Specific And Professional Designations
- Dishonest or Unethical Practices
Our staff conducts periodic examinations of registered investment adviser firms. This is an overview of our Examination Program for informational purposes only.